Hi Darlings! I’m here to share a quick post about some beauty items I’ve been absolutely loving recently! With fall officially here (and Atlanta finally got the memo this morning! Yay!) – I’m all about preparing for the cooler weather with products that add a subtle glow to my skin and drama to my eye makeup.
Lorac Pocket Pro Palette / Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder / Milani Prep Set Glow ( or check local Milani retailers, like CVS) / It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin / MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara/ Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer
- Milani Prep Set Glow Face Powder – I prefer a luminous skin finish to a totally matte one. This powder gives the softest, subtlest glow to my skin after using it to set my foundation. It was a little tricky to find – I tracked this baby down at a Walmart near me, and you better believe I stocked up!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder – I got a mini sample of this at Sephora and have been loving using it on my forehead (instead of the Milani powder) where I don’t want to be too glow-y. It’s a very fine, soft powder and a little goes a long way.
- Lorac Pocket Pro Palette – Y’all, I researched the heck out of which palette to invest in. However, as I only use dark eyeshadows, I felt like with a lot of the bigger palettes (like the Nakeds or the Too Faced ones) I would have only ended using two or three of the shadows out of a bunch. I was SO excited when I saw the Lorac Pocket Pro Palette with two darker shades (a matte espresso, and a shimmery taupe) and one light nude shimmer. I have been using this trio every day – I use the matte espresso shade to set my eyeliner and darken near my lashline, and then blend out with the lighter taupe shade. I also use the nude shimmer as a gorgeous highlight! This is definitely one of my most favorite beauty buys of all time, and I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to use darker eyeshadows on a consistent basis.
- MAC False Lashes Extreme Black mascara – I also am using a sample of this mascara and while at first it may not look like anything too exciting – I am in love with the dense bristle brush and super lightweight formula. I layer this over my beloved L’oreal Superstar Mascara and feel like it just finishes my lashes with length without any clumping. I’ve been trying to find a drugstore dupe of this mascara – do any of you have any suggestions?
- It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment with Keratin – Ever since I decided to go “blonder”, my hair was particularly dry and frizzy, which is a bit of a shock for me since I’ve always had very shiny, silky hair prior to my coloring (cry me a river, I know). Anyway, I found this product based on a recommendation from Olivia Rink, and oh my goodness it is amazing. When the ends of my hair are dry, I’ll put some of this on and it instantly makes my hair very soft and silky. I use it as a leave-in conditioner, and also spritz a bit on my hair before heat styling and I’ve never had such lovely curls before.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – My friend Claire gave me this moisturizer and it’s so unique in that you put it on immediately after getting out of the shower, before toweling off. You put it on, and it goes on so smoothly and easily, it’s so nourishing-feeling, and then towel off, and your skin is like, magically moisturized. Love it! Thanks Claire! There are other versions too, such an Argan Oil Infused one that I’m going to try once I’m done with my current Monoi Oil one.
Thanks so much for reading loves! Hope you have a fantastic week ahead! xo