I’ve been really into makeup recently, and loving all the products I picked up in the Sephora sale a few months back. I love glow-y makeup all year round, but especially in the warmer months. The new foundation I’m using (It cosmetics cc cream) is literally the best foundation I’ve ever used, and I’m loving different blush and highlighter combinations to top it off. I’ve also been keeping my eye makeup in place with my new favorite eyeshadow primer from Milani. Keep reading for details on the new makeup items I’ve been using every day and am obsessed with!
It Cosmetics CC cream / Becca x Chrissy Teigen Palette / Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light / Milani eyeshadow primer / Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume / NARS lipgloss in Chelsea Girls / Blush Brush / E.L.F. Powder Blurring Brush / Marble Tray and Ottoman from HomeGoods
1) It Cosmetics CC cream (I’m in the shade medium) – I posted a photo of this on Instagram, showing how I was able to get this CC cream in a kit with some other samples of it cosmetics products. I’ve been wanting to try this brand out for a while, and when I got a sample of the CC cream with my Sephora sale order, I was immediately hooked. The finish of the CC cream is very glow-y yet natural, and the coverage is so good without looking heavy at all. I was looking at the ingredients the other day and to my surprise and delight, saw that there was snail filtrate in this cream! Y’all know how much I love snail filtrate as a comforting and hydrating ingredient in skincare, so it’s no wonder that I find this CC cream so smooth on my skin. There’s also a bunch of other botanical extracts and vitamins. Of note, the CC cream contains niacinamide, which is an ingredient that is great for evening out skintone and improving the barrier function of your skin. The CC cream is supposed to be a serum as well as makeup, and I can genuinely attest to the fact that this product does both and does it well. An absolute must-try, holy grail foundation product. I top it off with my Milani Prep Set Glow powder that I talked about last fall, and it maintains the glow-y finish of the foundation.
2) Becca x Chrissy Teigen Palette – I was motivated to get this after seeing it featured by both Shelby Ditch and EmilyNoel83. I’ve heard good things about Becca highlighters, but what sold me was getting to try 4 different products in one compact. You get a bronzer, a beautiful pink blush, and two highlighter shades, all together in gorgeous rose gold packaging. I’ve been loving combining these products in different ways on my cheeks, and I just love the finish they have on my skin. All 4 products have some element of shimmer to them. The highlighter shades have obviously more shimmer to them (but not glittery at all), while the blush and bronzer are more like a sheen. The bronzer is fairly light, lighter than the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, but I really like how it’s not too warm. I also like using the two highlighter shades more as blushes because they do have some color to them.
3) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light – My love affair with highlighting products didn’t stop with the Becca palette, and I have to give Shelby Ditch credit again for piquing my interest in this Hourglass product. This is the most beautiful, soft, luxurious highlighter I’ve ever used. The finish on the skin is so delicate and refined, yet noticeably illuminating. When I think of high-end makeup, this is it. I use it all along my cheekbones, into the inner corners of my eyes, on my nose and chin, and it is just the perfect finishing touch to my summer makeup. I definitely apply it over the Becca highlighters, and I use the E.L.F. Powder Blurring Brush to dab/press it onto my skin because it makes it a bit more pigmented, which I love. Cannot recommend this product enough!
4) Milani eyeshadow primer – Most of my eye makeup used to slide off my lids by mid-day. It would collect in the corners of my eyes and it just wasn’t pretty. I finally looked up EmilyNoel83’s recommendation for eyeshadow primers (I seriously look to her whenever I need any makeup related information) and saw that this Milani primer had been a yearly favorite for 5 years straight! I found it at CVS and haven’t looked back since. A little goes a long way, and my eyeshadow stays put all day long.
5) Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume – I’ve been looking for a new perfume for a while, and decided to get this fragrance sampler from Sephora to try out some different ones that I was interested in like the Chloe perfume and definitely Flowerbomb. I loved Flowerbomb the most – it’s warm and sweet and floral in a very refined way, and wears really well on my skin. I was able to get a full-size rollerball by redeeming the voucher, and it’s now my every day perfume. I am definitely going to purchase the full size spray next time there is a promo going on at Sephora!
6) NARS lipgloss in Chelsea Girls – I admit, I kind of got talked into getting this when I was purchasing my YSL Tatouage Couture Lip stain that I talked about in my previous beauty edit. In the summer, I definitely prefer glossy lips to matte, and this gloss is the perfect shade of juicy pink that actually gives my pigmented lips a boost of color. I wear it over the NYX lipliner in Natural, it’s my go-to summer lip combination!
I hope you enjoyed reading about the different beauty items I’ve been loving recently. I’m so looking forward to experimenting more and discovering new brands in the coming months. Do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments below! x